- Non-chromate corrosion inhibitive formula helps comply with chromate reduction initiatives
- Easier application – requires less mixing time and less tooling to apply
- Low density formula weighs 3–4 lbs. less per gallon than traditional sealants
- Available in Class A and B to meet a range of requirements
- Quick cure allows increased throughput
- Low shrinkage results in less rework
We engineered 3M™ Aerospace Sealant AC-735 specifically for fuselage applications, where it offers a number of advantages and benefits compared to traditional sealants.
For starters, it is corrosion inhibitive yet contains no added chromate, which may help you comply with chromate reduction initiatives and OSHA requirements.
Its lighter weight formula, 25% lower density than traditional sealants, saves vital aircraft weight.
AC-735 maintains flexibility and bond strength on aluminum, titanium, steel, stainless steel, composites and many coatings under extremes of temperature, weathering and stress.
Designed for easy tooling, it has outstanding resistance to jet fuel, chemicals and petroleum products common throughout the aerospace industry.
|Product||Class||Application Life*||Typical Tack Free Time*||Typical Cure Time*|
(30 Shore A Hardness)
|3M™ Aerospace Sealant AC-735||B-1/2||1/2 hour||5 hours||5 hours||1.10||Non-Chromated|
|B-2||2 hours||7-8 hours||9-11 hours|